Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
Position: Lead Teacher
To provide all children in the program a nurturing, fun, safe, educational environment. To provide organization and leadership to the infant and toddler team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work as a productive team member and to follow the philosophy and guidelines of the center.
- Plan, Prepare and implement curriculum that is developmentally appropriate for the age of the group served.
- Provide leadership to the Infant and Toddler Team in the areas of planning meetings, curriculum, parent communication, organization and other areas that are needed.
- Maintain an environment that helps each child to have a positive experience throughout out the school day.
- Supervise and interact with the children in all areas of the program, outdoors, and during field trips away from the program.
- Provide a welcoming environment for parents. Communicate information to parents in a positive, friendly manner. Provide parents with written information such as baby connect, news letters, calendars and postings so they are informed.
- Assist other team members in maintaining a professional positive attitude towards the program, the children, and other staff and to assist in appropriate communication if needed. Be an example of professional behavior at all times.
- Be responsible for maintaining the observational records for the children and other classroom forms & records required by DHS and the center.
- Attend & contribute to all center staff meetings, planning meetings and center events.
- Be responsible for accomplishing all routine tasks with regard to the health and safety to the children and the maintenance of the program in accordance with state and local regulations.
- Be an advocate for the improvement of our program and for the importance of good early childhood programs for all children
- To perform other assigned duties relevant to the needs of the program.